A late goal from Chris Maguire at Grosvenor Vale sees the Spitfires earn their third win in a row.

The majority of the game was tightly contested, and just when it looked set to end as a stalemate, Maguire came up with the goods.

The first chance of the game came when Will Merry was fouled on the edge of the box early on, Maguire stepped up to take the resulting free kick but bent his effort just over the bar.

Kallum Tracey Cesay had a go on goal a minute later, he attempted to curl the ball home but saw his effort gathered well by McDonnell.

The next chance fell for Solomon Nwabuokei in the eighth minute, he struck the ball on the volley but saw his shot deflected out for a corner that resulted in nothing.

Merry runs at the Wealdstone defence. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Scott Quigley rounded Marcus Dewhurst in the 11th minute and had a go on goal from a tight angle, but he could not get his shot on target.

Tarryn Allarakhia sqaures the ball to Sean Adarkwa who has a go from close-range but sees his shot blocked on the line.

Aaron Henry whipped in a corner that struck the top of the crossbar on it’s way down in the 20th minute.

Jaydn Mundle-Smith had the Stones’ next attempt on goal four minute later, he saw his powerful effort fly just over the bar.

Neither side were able to come up with any real chances of the next twenty minutes and were level going into the break.

Panter shields the ball from a Wealdstone player. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Quigley and Merry both had shots denied by Dewhurst in quick succession five minutes into the second-half.

Maguire then had a go on the volley from the edge of the box, but saw his shot blocked well by the Wealdstone defence.

The Stones came close to finding a breakthrough in the 79th minute, Henry thumped a shot towards goal from 25-yards out that flew just wide of the post.

Maguire curled a long-range free kick beyond Dewhurst and into the top left corner in the 87th minute to give the Spitfires a late lead.

Maguire celebrates after he gave the Spitfires the lead. Photo by Graham Scambler.

And it was a lead that they would go on to keep, they took down Wealdstone in impressive fashion at Grosvenor Vale.

Wealdstone: Dewhurst (GK), Barker (C), Barrett (Cook 78′), Allarakhia (Kretzschmar 65′), Ferguson, Young (Duku 90′), De Silva, Cesay, Mundle-Smith, Henry, Adarkwa

Unused subs: Obiero, Bowen

Yellow cards: Cesay (88′)

Eastleigh: McDonnell (GK), Atangana (Hodson 69′), Francillette, Boldewijn, Langston, Nwabuokei, Maguire (C), Panter, Quigley (McCallum 75′), Merry (Rutherford 75′), Vokins

Unused subs: Camp, Greenwood

Goals: Maguire (87′)

Referee: Lauren Impey

Attendance: 1,662

Report by Matthew Gibbs