A second-half comeback from Maidenhead sees the Spitfires fall to defeat.

Two early goals put the Spitfires in charge going into the break.

The visitors came out for the second-half and looked like a different side as they scored three, turning round the tie.

The Spitfires got off to a rapid start, Nwabuokei made it two goals in as many games when he poked the ball home at the far post following a set piece in just the fourth minute.

Their dream start continued when Maguire doubled their lead just 12 minutes later. He picked up the ball and swiftly dribbled towards goal before curling an effort into the bottom left corner from around 20-yards out.

Maguire celebrates his goal with his team mates. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Jake Vokins popped up with an excellent diving header to deny the Magpies from pulling a goal back moments after this.

The Spitfires had the majority of the ball for next 20 minutes or so, but couldn’t quite create anything to write home about.

Scott Quigley then tested Craig Ross with an effort from the edge of the box, his shot was dealt with well by the Magpies ‘keeper.

Maidenhead pulled a goal back early on after the break, De Havilland got onto the end of a cross and placed the ball home to leave them just one goal behind.

The visitors then went on to equalise in the 70th minute, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson whipped in a dangerous cross and in an attempt to clear the ball Nigel Atangana turned it into his own net.

Ben Reeves had a go at earning the lead back for the Spitfires in the 73rd minute with a shot from range that was caught by Ross.

Tommy Scott shapes up to kick the ball. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Shawn McCoulsky bounced the ball into the back of the net in the 82nd minute, putting the Magpies ahead.

Despite two late penalty appeals, the Spitfires could not find another goal and went on to suffer defeat.

Eastleigh: Scott (GK), Atangana (Taylor 74′), Francillette, Reeves (Merry 84′), Boldewijn (Rutherford 84′), Langston, Hodson, Nwabuokei, Maguire (C), Quigley, Vokins

Unused subs: Martin, Greenwood

Goals: Nwabuokei (4′), Maguire (15′)

Yellow cards: Langston (67′), Atangana (68′), Vokins (78′)

Maidenhead United: Ross (GK), Beckwith (Asare 90+2′), De Havilland, Lokko, Nathaniel-George, Mitchell-Lawson, Pettit, Clerima, Abrahams (McCoulsky 61′), Barratt, Adams

Unused subs: Jinadu, Zimba, Massey

Goals: De Havilland (53′), Atangana (OG) (70′), McCoulsky (82′)

Yellow cards: Pettit (64′)

Referee: Gary Parsons

Attendance: 2,262 (133 away)

Report by Matthew Gibbs