A solid display from the Spitfires sees them get their third successive away win and clean sheet.

Paul McCallum opened the scoring in the 32nd minute with a superbly placed header, and gave the Spitfires a lead that they would not lose, despite a relentless last 20 minutes from the Harriers.

The first real attempt on goal came in the 10th minute, Harriers’ Charlie Weston thumped a shot towards goal but saw his effort fly just wide of Joe McDonnell’s post.

McCallum had the Spitfires first proper go on goal in the 17th minute, he brought the ball down with his chest on the edge of the box before dragging a shot wide of the post.

Enzio Boldewijn running down the line with the ball. Photo by Graham Scambler.

The Harriers went straight down the other end of the pitch and had a go of their own, Ashley Hemmings broke through on goal but he couldn’t find the target.

The Spitfires took the lead in the 32nd minute, Jake Vokins ran down the left flank and whipped a cross straight onto McCallum’s head, he then perfectly placed the ball beyond Christian Dibble and into the top left corner of the goal.

Paul McCallum heads the ball home to put Eastleigh in front. Photo by Graham Scambler.

A couple more chances fell for the Spitfires in the last 10 minutes or so of the first-half, but they came to nothing.

Oscar Rutherford entered the game in the 58th minute, and less than a minute later he came agonisingly close to doubling the Spitfires lead.

McCallum nodded the ball down into his path, but Dibble would go on to match his close-range effort well.

Nigel Atangana battling to earn possession from Jay Emmanuel-Thomas. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Ludwig Francillette then had a headed effort cleared off the line by Caleb Richards in the 62nd minute as the Spitfires continued to push for another goal.

The hosts looked set to level the scoring against the run of play in the 67th minute, only to be denied by George Langston who cleared a close-range effort off the line.

Solomon Nwabuokei had a pop on goal from range in the 69th minute, but saw his effort fly just wide of the mark.

The Harriers had two huge chances in the 10 minutes that followed.

Jack Lambert tested McDonnell with a curling effort in the 75th minute.

Gold Omotayo then had a ‘golden’ opportunity to level the scoring in the 78th minute but he could not keep his effort down, to the dismay of the home fans.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas had a go from long-range and forced McDonnell into making an impressive diving save in the 81st minutes as the Harriers continued to push hard to find a way back into it.

Jake Vokins whips in a cross. Photo by Graham Scambler.

There was a scramble on the goal line at the start of added time, and the Harriers like they would equalise. But the Spitfires managed to deny them and get the ball away from danger.

Kidderminster got the ball over the line in the sixth minute of injury time and thought they had found the leveller, only to see it ruled out as offside.

The Spitfires held out in the final moments to earn yet another huge win on the road.

Kidderminster Harriers: Dibble (GK), Richards, Pearce, Morgan-Smith (C), Hemmings, Lambert, Preston, Robinson (Oxlade-Chamblerlain 65′), Griffiths (Omotayo 63′), Emmanuel-Thomas, Weston (Brown 71′)

Unused subs: Palmer (GK), McNally

Yellow cards: Robinson (21′), Weston (35′)

Eastleigh: McDonnell (GK), Atangana, Francillette, Reeves (Rutherford 58′), McCallum (C), Boldewijn, Langston, Croll, Nwabuokei, Quigley (Martin 85′), Vokins

Unused subs: Maguire, Greenwood, Merry

Goals: McCallum (32′)

Referee: Callum Walchester

Attendance: 3,189 (157 away)

Report by Matthew Gibbs