Despite a McCallum hattrick, the Spitfires are forced to settle for a draw after conceding a late equaliser against Solihull Moors.

His first two goals came in the first-half, the Moors pulled one back early on after the break.

He then extended the Spitfires lead with just over twenty minutes remaining, the Moors would go on to cancel that one out just moments later, leaving them a goal down going into the end of the game.

Tahvon Campbell equalised at the death, meaning the teams would share the points.

The first real chance of the game came in the 12th minute, Callum Maycock cut into the box before having a go on goal. His shot was deflected away for a corner which resulted in nothing.

McCallum opened the scoring in the 26th minute, with the Spitfires first real chance of the game.

Ben Reeves whipped in a free-kick which was met by the head of McCallum, who fired the ball home.

Multiple Eastleigh players celebrate with McCallum after he opened the scoring. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Jamey Osborne came close to equalising in the 33rd minute, he curled a free-kick goal-wards from the edge of the box but saw his effort get tipped onto the crossbar impressively by Joe McDonnell.

McCallum then went on to double the Spitfires lead in the 38th minute with another header.

He cannoned the ball into the right hand side of the net after being found by Enzio Boldewijn with a cross, leaving the Spitfires two goals to the good going into the break.

Osborne pulled one back for visitors in the 60th minute, with a curled effort that found the top right corner from range.

Jack Stevens came close to levelling the score in the 66th minute, he saw his effort saved superbly by McDonnell who got down low to deny him.

McCallum responded with his third of the afternoon, nodding the ball home after it was looped across goal by Scott Quigley in the 68th minute.

Stevens then went on to pull a goal back for the Moors a few minutes later.

Campbell levelled the scoring in the 90th minute.

He then went onto put the ball into the back of the net again in the 94th minute, but his attempt was ruled out as offside, meaning the tie would end all square.

Eastleigh: McDonnell (GK), Francillette, Reeves (64), Taylor (C), McCallum, Boldewijn, Langston, Hodson, Croll, Nwabuokei, Maguire (64)

Subs: Barlow, Longe-King, Quigley (64), Rutherford (64), Greenwood

Solihull Moors: Hayes (GK), Clarke, Newton, Osborne, Sbarra, Maycock, Beck (55), Shade, Stevens, Stearman (46), Whitmore

Subs: Warburton, Mafuta, Labadie, Benton (46), Campbell (55)

Attendance: TBC

Report by Matt Gibbs