The Kelvin Davis era began with a bang as the Spitfires ran riot against the Hoops at the RAW Charging Stadium.

It was the dream start to affairs with the Spitfires taking the lead not even a minute into it.

Scott Quigley’s headed effort was bundled home by Paul McCallum giving the Spitfires their dream start to the tie.

Just seven minutes later the Spitfires doubled their lead, with McCallum placing the ball home in similar fashion to his first goal of the evening.

The goal scoring continued in the 11th minute with Ludwig Francillette connecting with a corner that was whipped into the box by Ben Reeves, his headed effort put the Spitfires three goals to the good.

Multiple Eastleigh players celebrating with Francillette. Photo by Graham Scambler.

The ball was looped over the Oxford City defence and into the path of Quigley in the 23rd minute, he attempted to dink the ball into the back of the net but could not keep his shot down.

Francillette came inches away from adding a second to his tally in the 27th minute, his headed effort clattered against the bar and into the path of Quigley who could not find the target.

The hosts had their first go on goal in the 34th minute, when Josh Ashby smashed a shot against the side-netting from range.

The Spitfires would add a fourth to their ever growing tally in the 42nd minute, Jake Taylor chested the ball into the path of Quigley who swiveled round his marker before cannoning the ball home.

Francillette connected with a cross yet again, in the second minute of added time. His headed effort was matched well by a diving Tom Watson.

Taylor scored the Spitfires fifth of the evening after breaking through on goal, he hammered the ball past Watson from just inside the box just seven minutes into the second-half.

Reece Fleet curled an attempt just wide of the post from range in the 58th minute.

Oscar Rutherford whips in a cross. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Ashby came close to scoring for the Hoops in the 68th minute as he blazed a shot just past the post from distance.

Alfie Potter pulled a goal back for the hosts in the 73rd minute with a close-range finish.

The Hoops earned a penalty in the 84th minute after George Langston was caught out of a handball.

Josh Parker could not convert from the spot, his attempt flew high over the bar.

Levi Lumeka scored a second for the hosts in the 94th minute, but it wasn’t enough for them as the Spitfires soared to victory.

Oxford City: Watson (GK), Burley, Phillips, Ashby, Roddy, Fleet (C), Greensdale, Parker, Smith (46), Williams-Bushell (46), Kabongolo

Subs: Coyle, Potter (46), Fondue, Humphrey-Ewers, Lumeka (46)

Eastleigh: McDonnell (GK), Atangana, Francillette, Reeves, Taylor (C), McCallum (79), Langston, Hodson, Nwabuokei (63), Quigley, Rutherford

Subs: Scott (GK), Boldewijn (79), Croll, Maguire (63), Longe-King

Attendance: 511