The Spitfires get their revenge by doing the league double over Aldershot, winning an eight-goal-thriller at The EBB Stadium.

Paul McCallum opened the flood gates in the 20th minute before Bailey Clements and Chris Maguire added to the Spitfires tally to put them three goals up at the half.

McCallum bagged another before Scott Quigley scored a fifth.

The Shots then went on to score three times but it wasn’t enough for them to find a way back into it.

The first chance of the game fell to Clements in the ninth minute, he tried a half-volley from the edge of the box but his effort went narrowly wide of the target.

Lorent Tolaj had the next go on goal, he drilled a shot from long range towards McDonnell who parried it away before scrambling over to pick the ball up.

McCallum did what he does best in the 20th minute and put the Spitfires ahead, he hit the ball on the half-volley across goal and into the left side of the net, for his 20th of the season in all competitions.

McCallum scores the opener. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Stuart O’Keefe sliced a shot wide in the 27th minute after a spell of the hosts pushing for an equaliser.

McCallum then had another attempt on goal after connecting with a Chris Maguire cross, but his headed effort went just wide and slammed against the upright.

Clements then went on to score his first goal for the Spitfires, van Stappershoef punched the ball straight into his path before he fired the ball into the top right corner to double the lead.

Clements celebrates with Harris after scoring his first goal for Eastleigh. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Maguire then added his name to the scoresheet with a superb goal, he dribbled the ball into the Aldershot box before rounding multiple defenders before hitting the ball towards goal, his effort went on to rebound its way into the back of the net.

The Spitfires went into half time three goals to the good after a clinical half.

The Shots had the first chance of the second half, Tolaj hit the ball into the side-netting from close range in an effort to respond.

McCallum scored his second of the afternoon just after this, Maguire won the ball and drove towards goal before squaring the ball into the path of McCallum so that he could curl the ball past van Stappershoef.

Maguire came close to adding a fifth to the Spitfires tally in the 56th minute, he drilled a shot from the right side of the box just wide of the post.

Scott Quigley didn’t want to miss out on the goals and added his name to the ever growing list of scorers at the hour mark, the ball was won back again through sloppy defending by the hosts in their own half, Quigley was then slipped through on goal and went on to curl the ball into the top right corner to make it five.

Quigley celebrates scoring the Spitfires fifth of the afternoon. Photo by Graham Scambler.

The Shots pulled a goal back in the 65th minute when Jack Barham slid the ball home at the back post.

Josh Stokes scored another for the shots in the 76th minute, he powered to ball into the bottom right corner to give the hosts a glimmer of hope.

Boldewijn was sent off in the 82nd minute, Tolaj, Mnoga, Harris, Clampin and Quigley all were then shown yellow cards after an altercation between the teams.

Luke Croll came on in the 89th minute to make his Spitfires debut, adding some fresh legs into the defence.

As a result of the altercation 13 minutes were added onto the end of play.

Stokes pulled a third goal back for the hosts in the sixth minute of injury time as they desperately continued to push on in search of a result.

Olly Scott sent in a cross that was deflected onto the crossbar in the tenth minute of injury time.

The Shots continued to push for a way back into it but it was too little to late and the Spitfires went on too seal the win in this eight-goal-thriller.

Report by Matthew Gibbs

Aldershot: van Stappershoef (GK), Mnoga, Harfield, Harries, Rowe, O’Keefe (C) (46), Frost (53), Tolaj, Stokes, Glover (53), Thomas

Subs: Bray, Scott (53), Barham (53), Mullins, Willard (46)

Eastleigh: McDonnell (GK), Atangana, McCallum (90+3), Boldewijn, Langston, Hodson, Maguire, Clements (73), Panter, Quigley, Harris (89)

Subs: Scott (GK), Clampin (73), Barlow, Croll (89), Nwabuokei (90+3)

Attendance: 2,495 (217 away)