Paul McCallum took his goal tally up to 15 for the season as the Spitfires took down Boreham Wood under the lights at the Silverlake Stadium.

The Spitfires’ number nine scored his first just 15 minutes into the game.

His strike was then cancelled out four minutes later by Tyrone Marsh.

McCallum then bagged his second of the evening at the beginning of the second-half to secure the three points for the Spitfires.

Enzio Boldewijn received the ball on the right wing in the 15th minute and dribbled it towards the box before laying it off into the path of Paul McCallum on the edge of the box who went on to curl the ball into the back of the net to give the Spitfires an early lead.

Paul McCallum celebrates scoring the opener. Photo by Graham Scambler.

The visitors responded quickly just four minutes later with Tyrone Marsh bringing the game back to level terms with a powerful finish that found the back of the net via the underside of the bar.

They then went on to win a free kick on the edge of the box that would be taken by Erico Sousa who blazed his effort over the bar.

Scott Quigley swung in a cross from the right wing in the 27th minute that ended up testing Ashmore, the cross would’ve found the bottom corner had the Boreham Wood ‘keeper not been on his toes.

There was little to report on for the remainder of the half as the sides went into half-time all square.

Quigley rounded Ashmore in the opening moments of the second-half but his effort from a tight angle could only find the post.

McCallum put the Spitfires back in front in the 48th minute when he met Aidan Barlow’s corner with an acrobatic volley that powered it’s way into the back of the net.

McCallum celebrating his second goal with Barlow. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Jake Taylor volleyed the ball towards goal in the 52nd minute but his effort was high and wide of the target.

Boldewijn won a free kick on the right side of the box in the 75th minute, he whipped the ball into the area but saw Ashmore rise the highest to catch the ball before an Eastleigh attacker could get to it.

Femi Ilesanmi tested Joe McDonnell in the 76th minute with an effort from outside the box that was saved brilliantly by the Spitfires ‘keeper.

Tom Whelan made a dangerous run into the Spitfires box in the 80th minute but when he got his shot off he could only slice it wide to the right of the goal, this was the last real chance of the game as the Spitfires held out for the last 10 minutes to seal the win.

Report by Matthew Gibbs

Eastleigh: McDonnell (GK), Atangana, Francillette, Taylor (C), McCallum, Barlow (67), Boldewijn, Langston, Hodson, Clements, Quigley

Subs: Scott (GK), Nwabuokei, Panter, Rutherford, Harris (67)

Boreham Wood: Ashmore (GK), Ilesanmi, Payne (C), Bush, Whelan (81), Ndlovu, Marsh, Balanta (63), Sousa, Sass-Davies, Clayden (81)

Subs: Abayomi, Stephens (81), Abraham (81), O’Neil, Robinson (63)

Attendance: 1,806 (39 away)