The Spitfires fall to defeat against Bromley under the lights at Hayes Lane in a hard fought contest.

Chin Okoli’s first half header was enough to keep the Spitfires at bay during their trip to south east London.

Luka Chalwell came close to equalising in injury time but his deflected effort hit the cross bar meaning the Spitfires were forced to settle for defeat.

The first chance of the game came in the 13th minute when Corey Whitely was slipped in behind the Spitfires defence, he aimed a shot towards the bottom right corner of the goal but saw Joe McDonnell get down well to deny him.

Trent Rendall had the first attempt on goal for the Spitfires in the 17th minute with a half-volley from the left side of the box that went over the bar.

The next chance of the game came to Ben Krauhaus in the 21st minute who saw an audacious effort from outside of the box saved comfortably by McDonnell in the centre of the goal as both sides pushed hard in search of an opener.

After a bit of a scuffle in the box in the 26th minute the ball slipped out into the path of Lewis Leigh who blazed a shot over the bar.

Aidan Barlow battling hard to win the ball back from a Bromley player. Photo by Graham Scambler.

The deadlock was broken in the 34th minute when Chin Okoli headed the ball into the back of the net following a corner to put the hosts ahead.

The first chance of the second half came when Whitely split the Spitfires defence and ran through onto goal but his effort was saved well by McDonnell.

Callum Reynolds was found by a Bromley corner moments later, his headed effort was saved by a diving McDonnell.

Aidan Barlow came close for the Spitfires in the 59th minute when the ball was dinked over the Bromley defence into his path but Grant Smith parried his effort away well.

Enzio Boldewijn running with the ball at his feet. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Luka Chalwell came close to equalising in the 73rd minute when the ball fell to his feet inside the box but he put his shot over the bar as the Spitfires continued their search for an equaliser.

Enzio Boldewijn sent a shot goalwards during injury time that missed high and wide to the right.

Bim Pepple struck the post moments later for Bromley after he was slipped through 1-on-1 with McDonnell.

Chalwell saw a deflected shot clatter the cross bar with an effort from the edge of the box which ended up being the final chance of the game as the Spitfires were forced to settle for defeat on their visit to south east London.

Luka Chalwell takes a shot on goal. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Report by Matthew Gibbs

Bromley: Smith (GK), Reynolds, Leigh (90+7), Taylor-Hart (76), Cheek, Okoli, Webster (C), Whitely, Arthurs, Topalloj, Krauhaus

Subs: Sharman-Lowe (GK), Kpekawa (90+7), Pepple (76), Vennings, Miller

Eastleigh: McDonnell (GK), Atangana, Francillette, Carter (C) (60), McCallum, Barlow (60), Boldewijn, Langston, Rendall, Maguire, Rutherford

Subs: Scott (GK), Nwabuokei (60), Stock, Chalwell (60), Bagan

Attendance: TBC