An emphatic performance from the Spitfires saw them claim their first victory of pre-season against Wessex Premier League side Fareham Town.

Goals from five different scorers saw Eastleigh cruise to a 8-0 victory in their second game of pre-season.

The Spitfires started the game brightly when after just two minutes, Charlie Carter fired a low shot past the Fareham Town keeper only for it be superbly cleared off the line.

Just a few minutes later, the visitors went close again as a smart cross from Ryan Clampin met the head of Paul McCallum who headed inches over.

In the 7th minute the Spitfires took the lead when a low cross from Nwabuokei met the foot of McCallum who poked it home from close range.

Paul McCallum heads in the first goal. Photo by Graham Scambler.

Not long after the Spitfires went close again when a dangerous cross from Oscar Rutherford met an unmarked Clampin at the back post, who’s effort was fired just wide.

In the 23rd minute, Eastleigh doubled their lead after a clever ball from Nigel Atangana found Aidan Barlow free in the box, who calmly slotted the ball into Fareham’s net.

The goals kept coming for the Spitfires as just before the half-hour mark, the Spitfires made it three when another cross from Rutherford found the head of McCallum, who scored his second of the game.

The visitors continued to dominate and moments later, Barlow drilled a shot from the edge of the box just over the bar.

Rutherford’s pace down the right-hand side proved a constant threat all half and just after the half-hour mark, he nearly had a hat-trick of assists when his cross was sent over the bar by a stretching McCallum.

In the 42nd minute the hosts nearly pulled a goal back when Ethan Quinlaw had an audacious effort from range which rattled the crossbar.

The Spitfires continued their domination in the second-half and they soon added their fourth, when in the 56th minute a corner from Kaya Tshaka met Trialist B at the front post who headed home.

Just after the hour mark Eastleigh made it five with another cross.

A fine ball from Trialist E met the head of Lyle Simpson who scored his first of the game.

Lyle Simpson heads home in the second half. Photo by Graham Scambler.

The goals did not stop there for the Spitfires, in the 67th minute the two trialists combined to make it six. A clever ball from Trialist D found Trialist B inside the box who scored for his second of the game.

Just moments later the visitors made it seven and Simpson got his second of the game when some clever play down the left-hand side left the forward with a tap in from close range.

12 minutes from time, Trialist E took the ball around 2 Fareham defenders before rolling the ball past the keeper to round off a superb solo goal to give the Spitfires their eighth of the evening.

That proved to be the last action of the game, as the visitors triumphed to a huge victory in Fareham.

Eastleigh (first half): Scott, Clampin, Atangana, Martin, Carter, Taylor, McCallum, Barlow, Langston, Nwabuokei, Rutherford

Fareham Town (first half): Edgar, Morrell, McCombie, Clark, Galloway, Bennett, Pates, Jones, Kessack, Quinlan, Johnson

Eastleigh (second half): Scott, Langston, Trialist B, Trialist D, Trialist C, Tshaka, Simpson, Bragg, Stock, Yang, Trialist E

Fareham Town (second half): Edgar, Hamilton, Morrell, Morely, Carpenter, Bennett, Rogers, Hawley, Jewell, Robbins, Johnson

Report by Joshua Jablonski