Lee Bradbury’s side were left frustrated, due to wasted opportunities, as a stubborn Solihull Moors denied the Spitfires a victory in their last home game of the season.

Junior Tiensia made a bright start for the visitors as the tricky winger stormed down Eastleigh’s right-hand side, his fired effort goal bound was vitally turned away by defender George Langston in the opening stages.

Minutes later defender Michael Kelly tried an audacious effort from 30 yards, that fell invitingly for the defender to hit but his shot flew over the top after a headed clearance from the visitors.

Christian Maghoma came storming through the back of Mark Deck, just inside the Spitfires half, as he earned himself the first caution of the game only ten minutes in.

Just after the 20 minute mark, Danny Whitehall was sent tumbling in the penalty area from a Kelly free-kick after appearing to be grabbed by a red shirt.

Maghoma made two quick successive blocks to turn the ball away from danger after some great positional play from the defender.

Solihull Moors goalkeeper, Kieran Roucher, had his heart in his mouth as Whitehall charged him down and blocked his clearance, that only dropped agonisingly wide of the post for Lee Bradbury’s side.

Kelly’s whipped in corner evaded everyone in a crowded penalty area and dropped beautifully to JJ McKiernan who’s powerful just fired past the outside of the post.

Moments later, Whitehall played a cute pass that cut through the visitors back line to find Carter, but Roucher came out and smothered him to turn it away from goal.

Charlie Carter is denied as Solihull Moors goalkeeper, Kieran Roucher, makes an impressive save to keep the midfielder at bay.

Maghoma, who had already been booked, got sent his marching orders after a second yellow card even though it appeared he won the ball cleanly in a sliding challenge as the visitors started a counter attack.

Emotions boiled over as both players clashed after Josh Kelly deliberately took out Vincent Harper, as the Spitfires looked to break into the visitors half.

Bradbury reshuffled the backline as club captain Aaron Martin was introduced to the scene at the expense of Kelly, just before 40 minutes.

Justin Donawa tried an effort, from 20 yards, that rocketed inches wide of the post which had Joe McDonnell scrambling across his goal line.

Whitehall then replied with a long ranged effort himself but his volley would only crash into the outside of the side netting as both teams kept battling it out for the opening goal.

In stoppage time at the end of the first half, McKiernan’s lofted free kick found Ousseynou Cisse, who climbed highest, and forced the away goalkeeper into a quick reaction save to keep the midfielder at bay.

The first chance of the second half fell to the Spitfires as Cisse tried an effort from outside the box but his curling shot was always rising.

The home side, despite being down to 10 men, continued to push for the opener as Harper danced his way through a small gap between two defenders, but his effort from distance didn’t match his skill beforehand.

The visitors made their first substitution of the afternoon as Jack Stevens was brought off for Jamey Osbourne.

James Clarke worked an opening after receiving the ball on the half turned but his whipped effort towards the back post was too high and wide to trouble McDonnell.

Whitehall’s perfect pinpoint set piece found the head of McKiernan, who could only turn the ball over the top of the crossbar after a challenge in the air when going for the ball.

The Spitfires’ pressure was evident as they were really banging on the door to find the sunshine at the Silverlake Stadium.

Whitehall’s clever thinking was rewarded as McKiernan received his quick throw-in, who played it back to the striker and his initial effort was blocked, it fell back to Eastleigh’s number 16 but Roucher got a vital touch on the midfielder’s shot.

With just over 20 minutes left in the contest, Rutherford made a brave and vital clearance as Kelly was gunning to get onto the end of a well worked move by the Midlands side.

The Spitfires made their second substitution of the game as Jake Scrimshaw replaced Brennan Camp in the 73rd minute.

Minutes later, Tom Whelan left the field of play for Kian Ryley with the game entering its closing stages.

Solihull had a golden opportunity to get the first goal as captain Clarke fizzed in a cross onto the head of Donawa, and with the goal at his mercy, he headed over unmarked from eight yards out.

Bradbury’s last change came in the 84th minute as Lyle Simpson came on for Cisse, who opted for an attacking player to enter the pitch as the Hampshire side kept looking for the opener.

In the closing minutes of the game, Langston saw his powerful header go wide as the home side were held to a goalless draw in their penultimate game of the season.

Eastleigh starting XI; McDonnell, Camp (Scrimshaw 73′), Maghoma, Langston, Kelly (Martin, 36′), Rutherford, Carter, Cisse (Simpson 84′), McKiernan, Harper, Whitehall.

Eastleigh Substitutes; Atangana, Martin, Flitney, Simpson, Scrimshaw

Solihull Moors starting XI; Boucher, Clarke, Kelly, Donawa, Whelan (Ryley 77′), Stevens (Osbourne 62′), Jones, Owen, Beck, Mills, Tiensia.

Solihull Moors Substitutes; Osbourne, Roberts, Vaughan, Ryley, De Mulder.

Attendance at the Silverlake, 2,841.

By Jack Bunclark