Lee Bradbury’s side were victims to a late equaliser in the final game of the season as Rob Harker rescued a last-minute point for the Shaymen.

The Spitfires took the lead early in the first half after Eastleigh striker Kairo Mitchell fired home the opener.

Multiple brilliant saves from Spitfires goalkeeper Joe McDonell denied the Shaymen on numerous occasions.

However, in the dying minutes of the game, Harker netted an equaliser which resulted in the spoils being shared.

Halifax Town got off to a bright start as Angelo Cappello showed great skill to beat his marker before his lofted ball flew well wide of the goal.

McDonnell did well to get down and deny Millenic Alli’s header from close range to keep the game goalless.

In the 8th minute, Halifax forward Jamie Cooke charged towards goal before he hit his shot over the bar.

Spitfires striker Danny Whitehall received treatment for a cut on his face which he sustained in the 16th minute of the game.

In the 22nd minute, Sam Johnson pulled off a magnificent double save to deny a great effort from Ryan Hill, which was followed by a rebounded shot from Whitehall.

The Spitfires broke the deadlock in the 28th minute of the game.

Mitchell was found in space inside the box before he beat his marker and slotted the away side into the lead.

Kairo Mitchell celebrating with his teammates after firing the Spitfires into the lead at Halifax.

Shortly after, Alli nearly found an equaliser for the Shaymen, he received the ball on the edge of the area and curled the ball towards the top corner of the Eastleigh goal, but his shot was just wide of the target.

Hill used his lightning-quick speed once again to drive into space over on the left flank, however, his resulting cross couldn’t find an orange shirt.

Cooke’s thunderous shot in the 42nd minute floated over the bar as the Shaymen continued their hunt for an equaliser before the halftime whistle.

Mitchell’s goal separated the two sides going into halftime after a fairly even half.

The Shaymen started the second half strongly as Capello delivered a dangerous ball towards the back post, fortunately, a blue shirt wasn’t able to make a connection with the cross.

Hill decided to take on an ambitious shot from the edge of the box which was easily held by Johnston, as he continued to search for a reward for his great performance.

In the 52nd minute, Mitchell nearly netted a brace and doubled the visitors’ lead after his deflected attempt rattled the crossbar.

Aaron Martin’s heroic last-ditch slide tackle denied Halifax a great opportunity for an equaliser.

McDonnell pulled off a brilliant save with his legs to deny what seemed to be a certain goal for the West Yorkshire side.

Halifax made their first change of the game after Festus Arthur had to be stretchered off the pitch after going down injured.

Arthur was replaced by Max Wright.

In the 74th minute, George Langston’s received a booking after his flying challenge caught Capello.

Shortly after, Eastleigh hero McDonnell pulled off another blinding save to deny another Halifax opportunity, which should have resulted in a leveller.

Mitchell drilled the ball goalwards in the 83rd minute but his effort was matched by Johnson.

Both sides made late changes to put some fresh legs onto the pitch.

Mitchell made way for Jake Scrimshaw, whilst Halifax replaced Golden with Matt Warburton.

A minute later, The Shaymen made another change as Jesse Debrah replaced Adam Senior.

However, It was heartbreak for the Spitfires as Harker bundled the ball over the line to net a very late equaliser for the home side.

FC Halifax Town: Johnson (C), Golden, Cappello, Stott, Senior, Arthur, Hunter, Gilmour, Alli, Cooke, Harker

Subs: Debrah, Senior, Warburton, Wright, Scott

Eastleigh FC: McDonnell, Kelly, Martin (C), Cissé, Whitehall, Hill, Langston, McKiernan, Harper, Mitchell, Rutherford

Subs: Stock, Simpson, Flitney, Scrimshaw, Yang

Attendance at The Shay Stadium: 2125

By Freddie Kilbey