The Spitfires suffered a heavy defeat against a rampant Bournemouth Academy in the semi-final of the Hampshire Senior Cup.

The visitors had the first chance of the game when David Brooks had a good effort blocked out for a corner after ten minutes.

Just two minutes later, the hosts had their first chance when Harley Stock took aim and stung the hands of Billy Terrell.

Kaya Tshaka checks his shoulder as he plays a pass. © Image by Graham Scambler Photography

Having played just under 15 minutes, the visitors had a good game Noa Boutin played in a great ball but Michael Dacosta-Gonzalez was unable to keep his effort down from 8 yards.

A smart move involving Tommy Whitby and Luka Chalwell five minutes later earnt the Spitfires a corner that Stock headed narrowly wide

Moments later, Whitby and Chalwell linked up again which once again, earnt a corner for their sides. The corner was met by a Chalwell header which was cleared off the line after Terrell was beaten.

Luka Chalwell beats Billy Terrell in the air. © Image by Graham Scambler Photography

Dacosta-Gonzalez caused problems just under five minutes later. His trickery and quick feet bought him the space to send a curling effort just wide of the far post.

Almost identical to his previous effort, Dacosta-Gonzalez earnt himself some space before dispatching a curling strike into the far corner which this time, was caught by the net.

Four minutes into the second half and Bournemouth scored a second. It was Max Kinsey-Wellings who tapped home into an empty net to double the visitors’ lead.

It didn’t take long before they made it three. Five minutes in fact. Baylin Johnson took aim from some distance and rocketed an effort into the top-right corner.

That goal seemed to be the opening of the floodgates the Spitfires conceded two in quick succession. Just after the hour mark, David Brooks slotted his attempt underneath Lewis Mees to extend the lead.

Two minutes after that, Baylin Johnson fired into the back of the Eastleigh net from in the box to make it five for the visitors.

Substitute, Kian Tydeman was the next player to enjoy being on the scoresheet when he capitalised on a mix-up in the box and pounced clinically.

The hosts had a chance to grab a consolation when Leo Downing intercepted a short back-pass but his effort was denied by Terrell.

Eastleigh: Mees, Gruzewski, Honeysett, Stock, Palmer, Wan (C), Whitby, Tshaka, Harris, Chalwell, Walker

Subs: Smith, Evans, Pomeroy, Downing, Dotse

AFC Bournemouth: Terrell, Genesini, Boutin, Williams, Kinsey-Wellings, Greenwood (C), Brooks, Winterburn, Adu-Adjei, Dacosta-Gonzalez, Johnson

Subs: Tonks, Crisp, Morgan, Okoh, Tydeman