The Spitfires progress into the fourth round of the FA Trophy after goals from JJ McKiernan and Danny Whitehall are enough to defeat Woking.
The first chance came the way of the Spitfires when Ryan Hill laid it off for Charlie Carter who had his shot deflected just over the bar.

Just three minutes later and the visitors found the net after a move built on quick passing saw Ryan Hill lay it off to JJ McKiernan who fired a shot into the bottom corner and beyond the outstretched Ethan Ross.

In the 21st minute, a misplaced pass from Christian Maghoma allowed a dangerous opportunity for Woking but Joe McDonnell did brilliantly to deny Rhys Browne.

The Spitfires went from back to front so quickly and at the end of their counter-attacking move, earnt a penalty after Danny Whitehall was brought down in the box.

The number nine kept his cool and placed it into the bottom corner to double Eastleigh’s lead.

Five minutes before the break, a powerful effort from Kyran Lofthouse was held well by Joe McDonnell to keep the two-goal advantage.

A couple of minutes later, a quick counter-attack from the Spitfires ended in JJ McKiernan firing a shot that was deflected dangerously wide of the Woking goal.

The Spitfires went into the break the happier side and deservedly so.

The first chance of the second period went the way of the hosts who looked as though they were certain to score but for a big challenge from Brennan Camp.

Four minutes later and the Hampshire side had their first chance of the half.

Ethan Ross had to get down well to deny Danny Whitehall and his left-footed effort from the edge of the box.

On the hour mark, Charlie Carter rattled the foot of the post with his driven effort before Alfie Lloyd placed his attempt just wide from the rebound.

In the 71st minute, Vincent Harper replaced a bright spark in Alfie Lloyd and almost provided a sense of déjà vu.

He went on a marauding run before almost netting just moments after coming on as a substitute.

Ten minutes from time, Ryan Hill hit the crossbar after a great counter-attacking move.

The scoreline ended untouched from half-time and Eastleigh progress into the next round of the FA Trophy.