Lee Bradbury’s side fell to their first defeat in six matches as Solihull Moors beat Eastleigh 3-0 at the ARMCO Arena.

The game started slowly with neither side being able to get hold of the contest as possession continued to change hands.

The game then sprung into life on the 13th minute as James Clarke stormed down the right-hand side of the pitch before his delivery found Joe Sbarra who was unmarked in the penalty area after making a run into the box.

The midfielder met the ball with a first time shot where his effort thumped against the post and Alex Reid had the easiest of tasks of tapping into an empty net from several yards out.

The Moors nearly doubled their lead minutes later when Ryan Barnett saw his shot zip off the surface inches wide of Joe McDonnell’s post.

The Spitfires were enjoying good spells of possessions, moving the ball quickly side to side but were unable to create any clear cut chances from it.

The Eastleigh goalkeeper did brilliantly to prevent Barnett from increasing the Midlands side’s lead after he had time to pick his spot.

In the 34th minute, the boys in orange worked an opening for Micheal Kelly to try his chances from range, but his effort flew just over the top.

Joe McDonnell did brilliantly well to deny the hosts from extending their lead after a 3v1 situation.

Josh Kelly pounced on the ball and slipped in Reid who hammered a shot goal bound from 10 yards out which McDonnell did superbly to keep out.

Eastleigh started the second half brightly as they came out of the starting blocks aggressively trying to overturn the deficit at the break.

Oscar Rutherford recorded the Hampshire sides’ first effort on target as he weaved in out and of the yellow shirts ahead of him to get the shot off.

Solihull started to control the contest the further the second half progressed and had an opportunity to double their lead from the penalty spot on the 60th minute.

Kelly dispatched a spot kick cooly as he sent McDonnell the wrong way as Solihull doubled the lead and took a step closer to all three points.

Lee Bradbury’s side responded well and Ryan Hill looked to get Eastleigh back into the game with a curling effort which was matched by Ryan Boot in goal.

Joe McDonnell was a man in inspired form as he denied Callum Maycock from close range as he galloped towards the Eastleigh goal.

The home side were reduced to 10 men as Clarke was sent off on the 75th minute after the defender was shown a second yellow card for a cynical foul on Hill.

Substitute Danny Whitehall was a presence when he came on and nearly got Eastleigh back into the game with a glancing header but his effort was just wide.

Solihull were awarded their second spot kick of the game with five minutes to go which was slotted home by substitute Andrew Dallas into the bottom right hand corner.

This wrapped up a disappointing afternoon for the Spitfires as they fell to their first defeat since mid-September.

Report by Jack Bunclark