A stoppage time winner from Brennan Camp sealed all three points for Eastleigh in dramatic fashion against high-flying Chesterfield at the Silverlake Stadium.

Camp climbed highest to head home from a corner in the first minute of second half stoppage time.

Ousseynou Cisse had given the hosts the lead just before the half time whistle, before Liam Mandeville equalised for Chesterfield shortly into the second half.

The game started at a fast pace, with Chesterfield forward Kabongo Tshimanga forcing an early save from Joe McDonnell in the opening minute of the game.

Eastleigh responded with a Tristan Abrahams effort saved well by Ross Fitzsimons moments later.

After a well worked move down the right, Michael Kelly then saw his shot from distance charged down by the Chesterfield defence.

Ten minutes into the game, Abrahams was played through on goal and saw his right-footed effort stopped by Fitzsimons.

Tshimanga continued to cause the Eastleigh defence problems, as McDonnell swatted away his shot to keep the scores level.

The Spitfires defence continued to show resilience, as George Cooper’s cross found Mandeville in the box, only to see his effort roll across the face of goal and cleared to safety by Kelly.

A mistake at the back by Ollie Banks saw him head the ball straight into the path of Abrahams, who crossed for Charlie Carter, with his attempt being blocked by Joe Cook for a corner.

Carter nearly broke the deadlock from the resulting corner, with his effort thrashing against the crossbar.

An excellent attacking move from the visitors almost had them in front, as Tshimanga broke clear of the Eastleigh defence, crossing for Cooper who fired wide of the mark.

In first half stoppage time, Eastleigh took the lead after Kelly’s free-kick was headed down by Carter, into the path of Cisse, who tapped in from close range for his first goal in Eastleigh colours.

Shortly into the second half, the visitors nearly levelled when Cooper’s cross was met by Mandeville in the box, only for a fine save by McDonnell to prevent the equaliser.

In the 50th minute, Mandeville netted the equaliser, when his cross agonisingly deflected in past McDonnell.

Chances were few and far between until the 65th minute, when a Spireites corner found Jamie Grimes in the box, only for his stooping low header to be saved excellently by McDonnell.

Five minutes later, Carter nearly restored the Spitfires lead, when his deflected effort rolled just wide of the mark.

In the 73rd minute, Jeff King swung in a free-kick that was narrowly headed wide by Banks, as both sides continued to push for a winning goal.

With just under ten minutes to play, Mandeville caught a volley sweetly, but a heroic block by George Langston prevented any further danger.

An excellent break by substitute Oscar Rutherford down the right-hand side allowed him to play in JJ McKiernan, who fired straight at Fitzsimons.

With seven minutes added on for stoppages, there was every chance that this even encounter could see a late winner.

In the first minute of added time, Ryan Hill’s corner was headed home by Camp to spark some wild scenes in the home end and secure a huge three points for the hosts.

Eastleigh Starting XI: McDonnell, Camp, Kelly, Martin (c), Carter, Cisse, Hesketh (80), Hill, Langston, Abrahams (90), McKiernan

Subs: Atangana, Whitehall (90), Rutherford (80), Willson, Ebanks

Chesterfield Starting XI: Fitzsimons, Horton, Akinola, Grimes (c), Mandeville, Tshimanga, Cooper (71) , Cook (62), Asante (69), King, Banks

Subs: Williams (62), Uchegbulam (69), Quigley (71), Clements, Jones

Match Report by: Tom Humphrey