A remarkable night of football saw 11 goals scored as Eastleigh’s Second Year Scholars progressed into the First Round Proper of the FA Youth Cup with an 8-3 win over Yeovil Town.

Malachi Dotse and Balraj Singh both scored hattricks, as Leo Downing and Lewis Williams also found the back of the net for the young Spitfires.

It took just seven minutes for the goals to start flowing, in what proved to be a thrilling first half at the Silverlake Stadium.

Malachi Dotse troubled the Yeovil back line with a shot from inside the area that was deflected out for the opening corner of the game.

From the resulting set piece, the Spitfires’ striker headed home unchallenged to kick off the evening’s scoring.

Tricky winger Balraj Singh had his first sight of goal in the 15th minute with a venomous strike that was met by a stretching save.

It didn’t take long for Singh to find the back of the net, however, as just two minutes later a flowing team move played him in to sweep the ball home.

Andy Darnton’s side were brimming with confidence, and a third goal swiftly followed – a shot from range was saved by Rob Hollard in the Yeovil goal and Dotse cleverly lifted the rebound over him and into the bottom corner.

The number nine almost had his hattrick in the 27th minute with a glancing header that was only just held on the line by Hollard.

Just before the half hour mark, the fourth goal did come as Singh grabbed his second of the night in a similar style to his first.

An excellent team move resulted in a cross that was cut back and emphatically curled home by Eastleigh’s number ten.

It was soon five as Leo Downing added his name to to the scoresheet, drilling home with a shot inside the area that was too powerful for the ‘keeper.

With the first half drawing to a close, Dotse completed his hattrick, and made it six for the Spitfires, twisting and turning inside the area to find room to pass the ball into the bottom corner.

Malachi Dotse celebrates securing his first half hattrick

The scoring wasn’t finished in a thrilling first half as Yeovil pulled one goal back with a fantastic strike. Jake Graziano hit a rocket from the edge of the area to close out the opening 45 minutes.

The visitors came out with a point to prove in the second half and scored again within a matter of minutes as Alex Stevens did well to tuck the ball away from inside the area.

Eastleigh woke themselves back up and pushed for more goals as Ollie Erdinc crashed an effort off the post from distance.

The seventh goal came in the 56th minute through Lewis Williams. The winger was found with time and space in the area and arrowed a shot into the bottom left corner.

Williams then struck the post on the hour mark as the entertainment didn’t let up as the game entered its final third.

Yeovil found a third for themselves in the 73rd minute as midfielder, Graziano, converted at the far post from a dangerous corner.

An emphatic evening was completed in the 78th minute as Singh rounded off the scoring with his hattrick, switching his feet in the penalty area and firing an effort through a group of falling defenders.

Balraj Singh celebrates his hattrick goal

There was almost time for a ninth goal for the Spitfires as substitute Cam Manton found the bottom corner with a curling shot, only for the linesman’s flag to rule the goal out for offside.

The game ended 8-3 with a safe progression into the First Round Proper secured.

EASTLEIGH: Plunkett, Perry, Clark, Stream, Webber, Erdinc, Williams, Honeysett, Dotse, Singh, Downing

SUBS: Blidaru, Willets, Lumsden, Manton, Nye, Rogers, Fox

Report by Tom Mulholland