A brace from Adam Marriott was enough to give Bromley a comeback win as Eastleigh suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time this season.

It was a dream start for the Spitfires when a defensive mistake from Bromley allowed Tristan Abrahams a one-on-one opportunity in just the second minute of the game which he took to put the visitors in the lead.

Another chance came the way of Eastleigh in the 15th minute when a cross that was played in by Vincent Harper found Brennan Camp running in at the far post who hit it first time and forced Charles-Cook into a fine stop.

The first real chance for Bromley came in the 24th minute when Adam Marriott got onto the end of a Bromley cross and almost converted but for a great block by Aaron Martin.

The game was stopped just shy of the half-hour mark after a collision between Brennan Camp and Reece Hannam which sees the Bromley player come off worse.

JJ McKiernan did well in the 36th minute to work his way into the box before he cut it back to Danny Whitehall who couldn’t keep his effort down.

Bromley scored an equaliser in the 43rd minute when Adam Marriot got the better of the Spitfires defender and slotted his effort into the bottom left corner before the break.

The first chance of the second half fell to the hosts in the 51st minute when Michael Cheek created space for himself to get the shot off which in the end, was a comfortable stop for Joe McDonnell.

Bromley got their reward just before the hour mark when Adam Marriott reacted fastest to Joe McDonnell’s initial save from his headed attempt to tap home the rebound and put them ahead.

There were no clear-cut chances for either side following the third goal of the game but it wasn’t through lack of effort from the Hampshire side.

Charlie Carter had an attempt in the 88th minute but his goal-bound shot was blocked by Bryan Webster.

The Spitfires tried to find an equaliser but in the end, fell short and saw defeat to Bromley meaning the visitors drop to 10th place.

Report by Ricky Hart