Eastleigh recorded their fourth win in five pre-season games, as quickfire second half goals from Aaron Martin and Tristan Abrahams earned a comeback victory against Brighton & Hove Albion U23s at the Silverlake Stadium.

Lee Bradbury’s side started the strongest with a changed formation that saw four at the back for the first time in pre-season allowing the midfield to press and attack fluidly together.

Tristan Abrahams was the first to have a meaningful opportunity, as he bent a free-kick inches away from the top right corner from 25 yards out.

Continuing the positive opening, Christian Maghoma got on the end of a Jake Hesketh corner minutes later, but his headed effort was deflected just wide.

However, on the half hour mark, the visitors opened the scoring against the run of play as Zak Emmerson poked the ball home from inside the area.

Tempers flared towards the end of the half as Hesketh was forced to come off through injury. He was hacked down just inside his own half and Brighton opted to play on rather than put the ball out of play, causing a scuffle in the midfield.

Kaya Tshaka, a youngster from the newest crop of Elite Development Squad players, came on in his place and acquitted himself well across the field for the remainder of the game.

With the visitors ahead at the break, the Spitfires started the second half strongest again with a flurry of opportunities before the hour.

First, Ryan Hill collected a loose ball that had ricocheted around the area but could only fire a left-footed effort over the bar.

Then, after a strong penalty appeal was waved away when Vincent Harper broke though and was fouled, Charlie Carter was next to try his luck with a powerful header that was just over.

Harper had a chance himself a minute later as he ghosted in at the far post to meet a dangerous cross, but could only nod the ball down and over the crossbar.

The inevitable Spitfires equaliser was looming though, and it came from the head of Aaron Martin. Corey Panter whipped in an excellent, inswinging free-kick from the right wing and found the unmarked Martin who glanced the ball past the goalkeeper.

Then, just 80 seconds later, Tristan Abrahams was on hand to complete a quickfire turnaround. With a high press paying off, the lively Hill and Carter regained possession with the latter cutting the ball back for Abrahams to convert.

Tristan Abrahams celebrates scoring the second goal of the game with Charlie Carter.

With a series of changes as the second half wore on, including another EDS youngster, Oscar Rutherford, getting a run out, chances were at a premium for both sides who traded spells of possession.

As the game entered the final 10 minutes, Joe McDonnell was called into action for the first time all half with a superb save from close range with quick reactions to collect the rebound.

In the final minute of normal time, Panter almost marked his first appearance since officially signing with a goal but his dangerous free-kick was fired into the side netting.

Starting XI: McDonnell, Camp, Maghoma, Martin, Panter, Cisse, Carter, Hesketh, Hill, Harper, Abrahams. Subs: Flitney, Willson, Bragg, Langston, Yang, Rutherford, Tshaka, Whitehall, Trialist A, Trialist B